It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, height, weight, marital status, veteran status or mental or physical disability in accordance with all applicable Federal, State and local laws and ordinances.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Health Care Attendants or HCA’s work day, afternoon and night shifts, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to provide ongoing, continuous monitoring of clients and the facility. During their shift, HCA’s are responsible for the safety and supervision of the clients at the Jim Gilmore Jr. Community Healing Center of Kalamazoo. They also provide coverage for the 24-hour information/help line. They also provide support for the Nursing Staff.
- Make beds & disinfect sleeping area as needed.
- Disinfect Nursing Station on each shift.
- Check for side rails in “up” position on all shifts.
- Check supply status in detox area.
- Attend monthly staff meetings.
- Assist in answering the door/telephone on 3 -11 and 11 – 7 shifts.
- Clean all bathrooms each night.
- Document annual training related to skills required for this position (CPR). In compliance with the required protective measures as specified by CHC & Infection Control Policies and Procedures: Properly handle, label, and clean potentially infectious materials (i.e., blood, urine, feces, bodily fluids, etc.).
- Other duties specific to the shift worked, as outlined in the Shift Duties list.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the on site Supervisor and/or Nursing Coordinator.